Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Birthdays Happen Again and Again

So, we now are a bus with 4 legal adults. Not sure how that happened. I mean, I had 4 children in my care one moment, and the next thing I know, two of them go and turn 18 on me. Harrumph. Then there is the littlest one. My baby. The not-so-baby-anymore baby of seven.

Mary was well spoiled on her birthday. The people here at this park are just great and they even made a cake for her. We were even invited to play at their church picnic, a local Cowboy Church. Above is my baby Mary picture grandma Susan sent, along with a picture of the birthday girl opening up her present, some cute birds with their own little tree home.

Now for the naughty girls who, despite my efforts to forbid it, grew up.
Look how teeny-tiny they were! Alex was a few ounces shy of 4 lbs at birth and Katie was a skinny little 2 1/2 lbs. 
 Of course, if you feed and water them, just like pretty flowers, they sort of grow and bloom, huh?

(On a side note, my practical ladies will likely frown over my reference to pretty flowers and blooming where they are concerned. Eh. Get over it ladies. You are the ones that did it!)
Their birthday was a very uneventful day, in truth, and I think they liked that. They slept in, read, watched movies, drank pop, had their requested jalapeno poppers, and got a free pass from dishes.

So there it is. 3 down on the yearly birthday train, and one young man to go, anxiously awaiting his birthday, which will be here in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You have had a glut of birthdays. Good times.

    My youngest turns 18 on Thursday. How is he going to celebrate? He has an exam :( Roll on June 15th, when they finish :)

    ReplyDelete