Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter and More!

First, the important stuff. 
Happy Resurrection Sunday!
All in all, it was a lovely day. There was an impressive storm so we didn't hide eggs until later in the afternoon. I was sneaky and grabbed some treats from Whole Foods last week that weren't full of artificial flavors and dyes, along with some healthier chocolate alternatives, including the only brand I've found that doesn't contain soy. Thankfully, everyone loved the candy choices. You don't need the artificial stuff to make it taste good. In fact, I'm pretty sure this natural stuff tasted much better.

On the down side, worship this morning was not quite what we hoped, and I found myself missing our home church in Longmont something terrible. We arrived a bit before the service at the small church we chose, but not soon enough to get decent chairs. The front had some chairs available, but we had to split up. Mary and I went up to some chairs near the piano, which turned out to be a very bad choice, because they were burning about a dozen huge vanilla candles on top of the piano. Additionally, the speakers were some of the loudest I've ever sat in front of, and that includes the rock concerts I attended in high school. Within 10 minutes my eyes burned form the vanilla candles and I had quite a headache starting. I looked down at Mary and her eyes were all red and she said her head hurt. We moved to the back, but it wasn't good enough. Mary felt nauseous and we had to leave the building. 

We spent the service sitting in the van. The people seemed quite nice and very excited to be worshiping on this lovely morning, but I am simply puzzled over how people can stand that loud of music and strong scents. It's an amazing assault to the senses.  They must be used to it in a way we're not. Mary felt better within 10 minutes after we left. Took me a bit longer, but I don't think I ever want to smell vanilla again.

All is well that ends well. We had a relaxing day, a fun egg hunt, chocolate, and the Wizard of Oz was playing over at the club house.
Backing up further...
All's well that ended well then, too. We played a great show for the park here, with the schedule issue worked out, and then enjoyed listening to the band that followed us, while decorating eggs. The kids got a little crazy when "Rockin' Robin" came on.



Back up one more time.
I forgot something in my last post. Oh, yeah. We went to Sea World before we left San Antonio. I suppose I sort of blocked it out. I admit, I'm theme parked out. Even so, the kids had a blast and here are some pictures to prove it.
 



Our next adventure starts on Wednesday. We'll head to some friends' property to drop off the bus, load up the van. Over-load the van.. Then head to Durango for a few days, then on to the Denver area for 10 days or so, before we head back to Texas. It's the first time I've been away from my bus and it feels very weird. Don't like the feeling, actually. I wish we were bringing it, but the diesel would be close to $1000, additional wear and tear, and I'm NOT taking the bus over Wolf Creek Pass.

So, I'm planning meals on the road, without my kitchen, and trying to figure out how to manage that with an ice chest. I found some great pinterest recipes we're trying out, and I'm trying to make plans. I'll bring the crock pot and maybe my burner. Depends on how much room we can manage. We will have access to a stove when we're not on the road at least.

I'm not sure what my wifi will be like most the the time. I'm hoping it'll be good for at least part of the time. I'm plugging along on my web site and trying to get some good articles up and ready so I can start promoting it. Not sure how to do that yet, of course. The advice I read is that you should make friends with others writing on similar topics. I'm pretty sure no one is writing on this topic. If they are, I haven't found them. So, it's either an untapped niche, or an idea destined to fail. I'm rooting or the first option.

Off to bed. The next few days are going to be pretty crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Howdy, Cheryl! I love keeping up with your blog...

    I didn't know you were so nearby when you were at Sea World! I missed your visit to SA. Look me up if you are in SA again soon; I would love to see you again!

    (And I like the new website!)

    Karen in San Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen,
    We weren't there for long. Passing through on our way to Texoma. Next year I'm not sure we'll make it. :( We may head up through the eastern Texas route. It all depends on opportunities of course. I'll let you know!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete