Thursday, April 2, 2015

Minions, Trains, and Wands, Oh My!

I stalled on this blog several months ago because I was trying to establish a Journal page on the band with news. After trying this as my main source of writing for much of this year it just wasn't working for me. I need a place to write about far more. Travel, family, faith, and other personal thoughts just didn't seem to fit in there, so I took a bit of time to move many of the articles there back to this blog where they belong.

No doubt there will be further blog clean-ups to come, as I sift through old articles and try to highlight my favorites from the past few years, but I have decided it's time to turn my focus back to blogging, starting with just a few pictures of what we've been up to...

Can you guess where this picture was taken?



How about this?

This should be easy.

Unnecessary Disclaimer: If you are not a fan of Harry Potter, please skip this and the next couple of blog posts, because I may get a bit annoying.

Hogwarts!!! Sadly, no one received a letter when they turned 11 (we are holding out hope for Mary), but at this place we can all pretend to enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. 


Uncle Dennis took a rare vacation and flew out to Orlando, treating us all to a trip to Universal Studios Orlando! We've spent two days there this week with him and Grandma Susan and our final day is tomorrow. So, there will no doubt be more pictures to come on the next post.

We visited Spiderman, Minions, ET, and more, but in truth, we really can't figure out how anyone was interested in Universal Orlando before they built Hogwarts. It's just stunning!

The kids spent the ridiculous money required to get wands. Mary got Hermione's, Sean got Harry's, and the twins splurged on the special Fred and George collector wands.

Fancy hair color for the trip was a must, for some reason.

 Best picture of Katie, ever.

Pigwidgeon!

Alex was sorted into Slytherin on Pottermore, so she had to get the t-shirt!

If there was an award for the best Harry Potter at the park that day, Sean would win. We even drew a scar on his head. People kept commenting and taking pictures of him! 

The above pictures were from Mythos, a wonderful restaurant where we ate yesterday. I forgot to get pictures of the other parts of the park we visited, but no doubt I'll be adding more after our time there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment